Anyone else need a little drinkspiration, and I am not talking about the alcoholic kind this time? Although come to think of it cranberry juice is a great mixer for it; here’s looking at you Cosmopolitan and Cider Cocktail! If like me you need to inject a bit of variety into your drinks during lockdown and beyond, then these immune boosting recipes with Ocean Spray have you covered.
So what is so grand about cranberries? For starters they are naturally lower in sugar than most other fruits. They contribute to whole body health and are rich in powerful nutrients including vitamin C, which supports our immune system. It’s an all round winner.
Ocean Spray® Cranberry juice drinks and juice drink blends are available in supermarkets nationwide for a RRP of £1.35 a litre. You can pick up the original or no added sugar, or if you’re feeling extra fruity they also come in eight different blends, including Cranberry & Strawberry, Cranberry & Apple, Cranberry & Blueberry and Cranberry & Pomegranate. Talk about spoilt for choice.
What can be a real pain when buying juices is needing to fit them in the fridge from the get-go. Not here. Ocean Spray’s range of juice drinks don’t need to be chilled until opened, so pop them in the cupboard until you’re ready to use.
Let’s hop, skip, and jump into the drinkspiration with these Immune Boosting Recipes with Ocean Spray *.
Cocktails for Breakfast – Cranberry, Orange & Lemon with Honey Morning Cocktail – Get those essential vitamins and minerals in early to aid normal body processes.
Time to prepare: 5 mins
- 175ml of Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice
- Juice from half a lemon
- Juice from half an orange
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 175ml of water
- Pour 175ml of Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice into a glass or jar.
- Then add the freshly squeezed lemon and orange juices.
- Add a tablespoon of runny honey to the glass.
- Add 175ml of water to your chosen glass
- Stir well and garnish with a wedge of orange or lemon.
Cranberry Smoothie – Start your morning with a fresh cranberry smoothie to boost your metabolism and energy, particularly good for those working at home.
Time to prepare: 10 mins
- 500ml of Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice
- 1 peeled and sliced banana
- 1 apple, washed, cored and cut into wedges
- 75g mixed frozen berries, such as strawberry and blueberries
- Pour 500ml of Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice into blender.
- Place the banana, apple and mixed berries into a blender and give it a whizz on high power until the smoothie’s texture becomes like velvet.
- Serve immediately
For the tea lovers – Cranberry, Ginger and Lemon Tea
Time to prepare: 10 mins
- 150ml Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice
- 1 green tea teabag
- Juice of one freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 inch whole ginger root, sliced
- 100ml water
- Pour 150ml of Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice into a milk pan.
- Add a green tea bag, slices of fresh ginger and 100ml of water.
- Add the squeezed lemon juice to the pan.
- Infuse by gently warming on the hob for a couple of minutes.
- Strain the tea and pour into a serving mug. Garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Nibbles ‘n’ Scribbles x
* Pictures and Recipes from Ocean Spray® and for more recipes visit here